Here are seven ways to do that –
7 Ways To Find Your Story
- · Change the names of your characters – this can dramatically change how you think of them and what they might do
- Change the location – make it entirely different – move them in time or place
- · Take a trip out – go look at something, go for a walk – let your story sit there quietly at the back of your mind.
- Read, watch films, talk to friends, talk to writing buddies – let your story breathe in the real world
- Write a first person piece for your main characters – hear their voices, know who they are and what they want.
- Ask what if? Pose lots of possibilities, the crazier the better.
- Listen to the radio – I find so much inspiration here – use listen again on i player - listen to The Writing Game podcasts
Sometimes its just one thing, one small idea, event that will give you the key to finding your story -Oh and one more idea which sometimes works for me with half written short stories, try combining existing stories in some way and see where that takes you – GOOD LUCK!